Sunday, October 30, 2011

National Board Certification


In 2002, I became a National Board Certified Early Childhood Generalist. It was a LIFE-CHANGING endeavor. There was no monetary incentive from my state or my school district. I simply did it to see if I could. I was also in a Graduate Program at the time so Professional Development was the common denominator in my life - Now, 9 years later I need to decide if I want to renew my certificate. It would be yes in a heartbeat, but the $1150 fee is a little steep. So I am undecided. If you have ever considered National Board Certification I would definitely say GO FOR IT! For more information - click on the links below:
www.nbpts.org
www.ecgen.org - a community support group for candidates

If you have gone through the renewal process, I'd love to hear from you!

Patsi K in MN

No comments:

Post a Comment