So I have done the work and will share it with you as I put my classroom together for fall. Right now the custodians are working hard to make my floor shiny and my carpet fabulous, I should be able to have access again to continue my purge next week.
Task # 1 is in an earlier post titled TRANSFORMATION
Task # 2 is to share my plan - here it goes!
Why do I want to get organized? Good question.......
More time for important life things
Enjoy the moment more easily
Be prepared for the unexpected
So I can smile more
More focused teaching
MY PURGING RULES:
1. ask myself –
- WHY do I have this?
- WHAT is it’s purpose?
- Do I NEED it?
- Is it here because I am AFRAID of what will happen if I don’t have it?
- WHO else can use it?
- Is it TRASH? Is it WORTH storing?
2. Have I used it in the last 2 years? If answer is NO, then WHY do I still have it?
3. If I keep it, WHERE will I store it?
4. Did I buy it at a garage sale? Can I DONATE it back to good will?
5. Is it used DAILY? WEEKLY? MONTHLY? ONCE A YEAR?
6. Is it
- TEACHER RESOURCES?
- TEACHING TOOLS?
- STUDENT MANIPULATIVES?
- WORK STATION TOOLS?
- CENTER TIME TOOLS?
- EASILY REPLACEABLE?
THE ULTIMATE GOAL – ONLY HAVE THINGS IN THIS SPACE THAT ARE NEEDED AND USED!
Let me repeat that: ONLY HAVE THINGS IN THIS SPACE THAT ARE NEEDED AND USED!
Patsi K in MN