Saturday, November 3, 2012

Rearrange and Reflect.......


Rearrange – I am constantly moving things around. I wonder if there is a support group for teachers like me?!

I snapped some pics of my room at the end of the 11-12 school year.  During the year, things piled up, clutter grew, drove me crazy……. So when school was let out I spent time CLEANING/PURGING. Then moved another K rooms materials (low enrollment for 12-13 school year and my teaching partner lost her job) into my mix and shut the door until August!


When I stepped back into the classroom in August, I begin the quest to find a place for everything and put everything in it’s place. Enter: surgery for my son, surgery for me, a team of 12 cheerleaders to coach and it led to a quick quest!

Do you have to tear your room completely down to the bare bones in the spring, so that the custodial crew can do their thing? If you do, then you feel my pain. When Fall comes, I struggle to remember just how things were working and how I want them to work.



Whatever. Enter school year 12-13. The pictures below are the pictures from right before Open House 2012. Since then ‘we’ have moved in. My 20 students and I have found places for the things that are important to us and that we use everyday. Now I’m ready for another purge. It’s time to unload those cupboards that haven’t been touched and the tubs that haven’t been opened.


Wish me luck. I have report cards to do and conferences to lead this week. But I do have a lead on a small “office” space just a hop and a skip from my classroom where some of the overload could reside. Hmmmmmm. I wonder how that would work.

If you read this far….. please share your answers to the following questions in the comments.


Happy Teaching!


No comments:

Post a Comment